I am Ian. I have done a good deal of traveling, not as much as some people, but I have been to about 20 countries, lived in 3, well actually 4 or rather 3.5 if I am counting the USA and if we’re calling Taiwan a country (that’s debatable in some parts of Taiwan). In the USA I have lived in 7 States in the west and east.
Sometimes I go out into the streets, beatbox, tell some stories, mime…
Other than that..
- There’s my website ESLinsider. That’s about my experience teaching in Asia and for people who want to do the same or even teach abroad elsewhere.
- I am very excited about jiu Jitsu and judo.
- I like scratching records.
- I practice yoga and meditation daily.
- I like to read and learn about things.
- In a former life I was a painter and you can check out some of my paintings here.
- I just took one of those personality tests 2 times on 2 different sites to compare and they both said I am a ISTP. If you like personality tests I’d recommend Jordan Peterson’s Big 5 test. It cost like $8, but it’s more detailed and personalized than others.
I spend most of my time these days working on my site ESLinsider. It’s a site for ESL teachers. It’s for those who are just getting started, those who are teaching now (who need help) and for those specifically interested in teaching in Asia.