Hehehe, I did a little online photo editing. But I used to paint my face a lot as a street performer in San Francisco and then one day I decided to brand myself.
This is a beat that I made with my mouth (beatboxing), some samples and my computer.
I also used this beat in another video I made about teaching English in Korea.
Haha, this was a funny photo from the CCSF Christmas party, 2018. I made those shirts. I made it for sensei. I remember that he said that once and I thought it was cool.
He might have been describing a specific situation, but I thought it also sounded cool figuratively.
I made another and added it as a random gift in the party. I am happy that Robert chose it.
How I made it…
I did a drawing of sensei that I found on Facebook on a piece of poster board. Then I made a stencil and stenciled it with a fabric marker onto a T-shirt. It’s kind of low-tech and a bit wabi-sabi.
Not sure if he really liked it, but some people seemed to get a kick out of it.
This is a resume of my art shows. It needs an update^^. It’s a little dated, but I wanted to put it somewhere before it vanishes.
I worked as an artist creating various pieces and projects for display in gallery exhibitions, juried exhibitions, magazine and newspaper publications.
You can see some of my art work here.
- April 2001: “Exposure of Process”, Box Gallery, Sante Fe, NM
- December 1998: Old Main Art Museum, Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, AZ.
- March 2004: Catamount Arts, St. Johnsbury, VT
- January 2001: Plan B Evolving Arts, Sante Fe, NM
- September 2000: Art One Gallery, Scottsdale, AZ.
- June 2000: Art One Gallery, Scottsdale, AZ.
- August 1999: Patricia Cameron Gallery, Seattle, WA.
- July 1999: Lead Gallery, Seattle, WA.
- December 1998: Art One Gallery, Scottsdale, AZ.
- August 1998: Art One Gallery, Scottsdale, AZ.
- June 1998: Art One Gallery, Scottsdale, AZ.
- April 2005: Stock 20 Gallery, Taichung, Taiwan, R.O.C
- March 1998: 1st place award, Beasley Gallery, Northern Arizona University, Flagstaff, AZ.
- March 2001: “The Reporter”, Sante Fe, NM
- April 2001: “The Reporter”, Sante Fe, NM
- April 2001: “THE”, Sante Fe, NM
- June 2003: “Direct Art”, volume 8, New York, NY
It kinda sounds like Russian to me, but I don’t speak Russian so that is not saying much. This is one of the later creative videos that I made with a little beatboxing, my computer and my turntables.
Here’s the latest creative video that I made. I first did a little beatboxing, recorded it, looped it with my computer and then scratched over it with my turntables.
I also used a little sound sample from the crosswalk ticker and some footage around the neighborhood.
Lately I have been watching a lot of Jordan Peterson’s stuff. He is really interesting. I signed up for one of his courses online called self and future authoring.
Some of the questions that are asked in the future authoring course I added to the video. Something to think about.
This is my latest creative work that I posted on Youtube and on ESLinsider. It’s about teaching in Korea. If you are a first timer then to teach in Korea you basically have 2 options for schools to teach in.
You either teach in a hagwon or in a public school. Hagwons are private institutes. There are quite a few horror stories online about teaching in hagwons.
Yet they are not all bad, but I decided to make my own horror story to help promote one of the latest ebooks that I wrote.