There are a lot of scientific backed benefits to using psilocybin mushrooms and other psychedelics, however there are also some side effects.
In this post I will mention the side effects based on my experience.
This can depend on the dose, you (set and setting) and the specific mushroom you ingested.
Based on my experience these are the side effects which are more pronounced in higher doses.
- Nausea. I didn’t get this every time, but often enough. It typically starts in the beginning and can linger for an hour or more.
- Aches and pains.
- Panic and anxiety.
- Feels as if you are dying.
- Sounds and sight can become more intense and distorted.
- Sensitivity is increased.
Psilocybin is a disruptor at least in the higher doses. The hard part is relinquishing control and not fighting it. It’s going to disrupt your normal systems and way of thinking.
I have actually had some challenging experiences with it, however even those have been like a catharsis and therapeutic feeling.
It’s very much like a process and cyclic.
Psilocybin is not recommend for people with…
- high blood pressure
- a shizophrenic personality disorder
Learn more about the benefits.